University of Antwerp (CDE)
Universiteitsplein 1 (N Building)
B-2610 Antwerp, Belgium
- Paul Scheunders graduated in physics at the University of Antwerp in 1986.
- He obtained a PhD in statistical physics at the same university in 1990.
- From 1989 to 1990, he worked in the Physics Department at the University of Louvain.
- From 1990 to 1992, he worked in the Nuclear Medicine division of the University Hospital of Louvain.
- In 1992 he and Prof. Dirk Van Dyck started the Vision Lab at the University of Antwerp,
- where he is currently a Professor.
- Multi-and hyperspectral image denoising and restoration
- Multi-and hyperspectral image fusion
- Lineair and non-linear spectral unmixing
- Multisource remote sensing image classification
- Contextual-based hyperspectral image classification
- Semi-supervised and active learning for remote sensing
- Applications in vegetation and habitat monitoring
My general research interest is in the development of techniques for image processing and pattern recognition with a strong emphasis on model-based and statistical techniques. My main application area is remote sensing in general and multispectral and hyperspectral image processing and analysis in particular.
Some specific research topics are:
- Mathematical Methods for Physics II; 1-st Bachelor Physics
- Physics of Daily Life; 1-st Bachelor Physics
- Introduction Classic Field Theory; 2-th Bachelor Physics
- Theoretical Physics: Classic Field Theory; 3-th Bachelor Physics
- Artificial Neural Networks; Master Physics